Tuesday, October 29, 2013

☆☆ Starry Night ☆☆

As I was lying on the soft, silky sand my mind began pacing through thoughts of being. I began dwelling on those typical life questions about life and God and existence.

“A rhizome has no beginning or end; it is always in the middle, between things, interbeing, intermezzo.”
           - Deleuze and Guattari (A Thousand Plateaus: “Introduction: Rhizome”

Well, God has no beginning or end…would that make Him a rhizome? Structurally, I suppose it could be seen that way, but factually (in my spirit) I know He is beyond a rhizome. In Genesis 1:1 it says that “God created the heavens and the earth.” And thus, He created the rhizome.
Going along with Deleuze and Guattari, I must then be a tree, from Georgia, one that has a “segmented higher unity.”

God is my rhizome. He is forever and I am impermanent.

As I pondered this, I began envisaging my imminent demise…it was bound to happen, so why ignore it? I suppose the idea that impermanence and mystery of the stepin front of the one we just took keeps us in constant flux. And this mystery called life definitely kept me wandering in wonder.


I exhaled one of those exhausting and understandable ssssssssighs of polite resignation to that fact that there was no way I could ever answer these questions. I gave them to God and closed my eyes to a starry slumber.


No comments:

Post a Comment